Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mammoth Game-Check

Friday night, Adam and I went to our first Mammoth game. I had no idea Denver had a professional lacrosse team, so it seemed like a good idea to take free suite tickets and check it out. It is crazy how quickly the Pepsi center changes between basketball, hockey and lacrosse in one season, and it is quite the experience checking out each sport and the crowds they bring. With that being said, the crowd and the game were completely different from what I expected. I thought I would see polo shirts and sweaters tied around shoulders for sure, but not in the least. The fans were pretty rough around the edges and avid lacrosse people. It was pretty engaging and reminded me a lot of the Avalanche games.

Apparently cow bells are huge at Mammoth games, and luckily we had a veteran fan with us who supplied multiple cow bells for our suite. At one point during the game the crowd started yelling, shot..shot..shot.. shot.. shot..everybody. We of course quickly joined in excited to act like we knew the chants. We were very confused when a couple minutes after the chant, an old man in front of us starting ringing his cow bell lanyard and then proceeded to take off his socks and run down to the field. Within seconds, hundreds of socks were thrown on the field. I guess they were yelling, socks..socks..socks..socks..everybody. Now we know.

I have come to the conclusion that all games are fun with good company and a drink in your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment